Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Just a little Upgrade

John asked when we were going to the short Mass at night.
I responded, "That's tomorrow with soup supper."
His reply, "Oh yeah! Is soup supper gonna have another UPGRADE?"
Me: What do you mean?
John: Well they upgraded last week and had green cookies!

Dear St. Patrick, my kids thank you for enabling an upgrade to our soup supper last week.  They loved the green shamrock cookies.  What do you think you can come up with this week to appease my squirrelly kids?

Swedish Dessert PancakesMaybe I can do these in honor of St. Catherine of Sweden when we get home tomorrow night.  They appear to be a very lenten type of dessert. We'll definitely use the whipped type of cream as my kids would not eat the sour cream, and maybe substitute with cherries in honor of the Order of the Holy Saviour, the convent that her mother, St. Bridget, had founded.
I hope Saints Catherine and Bridget don't mind us celebrating with them this lent.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment