Tuesday, March 9, 2010

St Frances of Rome

What can we learn from this married saint? Sanctify our daily duties as we love and serve the sick, most especially when they are poor patients. This hits home with me as we go through stomach flu with puking and pooping kids.


Nowadays, I find prayer: 
Standing, bucket in hand with a vomiting preschooler. 
Cleaning up carpet, floors, sinks, toilets.
Changing sheets and 'Daddy T-shirts' 
Washing blankets, pillows, clothes, kids, myself


Through simultaneous puking and a two year old taking off his diaper to poop on the carpet as I change over laundry, I am reminded, it's all about the attitude.  I have a choice go alone, impatient and overwhelmed or I can bring Christ into the battlefield, patient and diligent; knowing that we work for a Greater cause which will remain hidden until I meet my Boss face to face.


Thanking God for the opportunity to serve, yet praying that these children will be healthy soon!


“It is most laudable in a married woman to be devout, but she must never forget that she is a housewife. And sometimes she must leave God at the altar to find Him in her housekeeping” 
-St. Frances of Rome in Butler’s Lives of the Saints

1 comment:

  1. We added your name to the prayer intention list today in our prayer group as someone mentioned the latest round of sickness. I love that quote at the bottom too.

    ReplyDelete