Sunday, January 31, 2010

Celebrating Catholic Schools

Well, it was this time last year that I wrote an email which became the 'beginning' of my blogging days.  It just took a little over a month to make it happen.  If you're interested, I decided to post it.  It is dated on the Feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul (in commeration) :)  The plan was to post it back then, but it's up and running now!


This year's kick off to Catholic School's Week has not been as exciting, but still notoriously filled with active children.  A 3 year old yelling across the alter, towards the choir members, in the silence following the Alleluia, "Hi Gabrielle!!" and waving, then saying, "I love you!"  Then looking at me as I'm trying to get her to stop and stating, "But I see Gabrielle and I love her!"  We then had to reposition her so she would not sneak out into the isle to dance during the songs. However, she wasn't the only child in our family that got repositioned!  


We also had a cry-er, due to big brother's strong hands not remaining to himself. And a stealthy 2 year old who managed to crawl under the pew and run out in the communion isle, not once, but 3 times.  At that moment, I was really wishing I could have sat closer to him, because sometimes, his Daddy just doesn't notice these things - obviously. 


Today was simply a typical Mass experience (more or less): corrections, smiles, tears, movement, peace, listening, speaking, singing and dancing - sounds like a typical family to me.  This evening, I'll be reading the readings again; somehow I missed them today.  But really, what would this celebration with God's family be like without the gift of children - probably less distracting, but also less meaningful!  


"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." -Matthew, Mark and Luke!

No comments:

Post a Comment