Friday, July 23, 2010

7 quick takes (vol 6)


Clink on the image above to read other quick takes. Thanks Jen.

* Take 1*

Summer just isn't summer around here until you experience sweet corn!
And it's here!!
Summer Approved!

*Take 2*

Boy #2:
"Hey Mom, why do you have FLAMES on your belly?"
My response, "To show the burning love I have for all you kids!"
I had never thought of those stretch marks as flames before, but I kinda like that analogy.

I've got some pretty cool flames!


*Take 3*

Since our Baby got his 'big boy' haricut, we've spotted other babies in the yard:
A cardinal calling for Mama
And 4 Robins

Growing up IS something to cheer about!


*Take 4*
A Little science museum fun:
Making kaleidoscopes
Testing kaleidoscopes
Fun with mirage

And flight simulators
Over all, a great, warm day!


*Take 5*
When I grow up I want to make pizza's!




*Take 6*


As I was nursing the baby, boy # 3 says, "Is he done with the crunchy side?"
Confused, I questioned him to elaborate on his question and he replied:
"Well, which one is the food and which one is the milk?"

I informed him they are both milk and he said,
"I thought one was food so he could learn to eat crunchy stuff and one was a drink!"

Sorry people, no crunchy and creamy options coming from this mama! I'm not peanut butter!
 Can you imagine crunchy coming out of there?
Nope, just creamy!


*Take 7*
Here's a quote that touched me this morning:
"Life is not always the way we think it's supposed to be.  However, it IS the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference."

In God's providence we can learn so much if we but open up to His plan for us and ask for the grace to see us through each day.  Much like a wedding vow, we can promise: To be true to Him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life. It takes work, but in the end, I'm certain it'll be worth the effort!
A servant's Prayer by LM
Jesus, my Jesus..How marvelous your ways...Far more splendid than my mind can envision.  What an honor to be chosen by you.  A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness.  Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.  Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything that seperates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.
To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory. This I pray, Jesus in Your Name. Amen

Have a Great Weekend!
I'll be spending mine gasping for air and finding new muscles as I attempt to run a 7 mile road race with my sisters.  I think I'm prepared - but some extra prayers would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment