Monday, March 30, 2009

A Powerful Will

Spring is here! Now we're ready for Summer! It was only 35ºF, but Luke claims, "It's warm out here!" To give him some credit, the sun was shining. Maybe the buds will come up soon!

Isaiah 55:10-12
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace.

I leave you today with 2 short phrases that have meant a lot to me this past week:

"Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done!"

Detachment truly unites: "Father if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will but yours be done." (Luke 22:42) Jesus surrendered His will so that God's Kingdom may open for us. Likewise, our will is always more powerful when we surrender it to our Heavenly Father! We must remember, God always gets His way! We in turn, have a choice to make: we can either surrender and work with Him, or fight against Him. "He who is not with me is against me" (Luke 11:33)

If we are to surrender, truly, we must trust!
Happy 5th Monday of Lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment